Let’s look at a few popular tenets of this and see if it is true.
Immigration: Controlled immigration is like water taken is as ballast on a boat. It can help provide balance that keeps you at the correct level. Unchecked immigration into your country is like a cannon hole in the bottom of a boat. A massive intake that overwhelms and will soon completely submerge the vessel.
Now: We have reached the point where not only enforcing border policy is evil and racist, but now even simply having any policy regarding immigration and not allowing in anyone, from anywhere, at any time is unacceptable. We have reached full Gadhafi.
“America is not only for the whites, but it is for all. Who is the American? The American is you, me and that. When we go to America we will become Americans and there is no a race or nationalism called America and the Americans are those Africans, Indians, Chinese, and Europeans and whoever goes to America will become American…American is for all of us and the whole world had made and created America. All the people all over the world had made America and it shall accordingly be for all of us. I will never feel ashamed when I claim for my right in America and it will not be strange when I raise my voice in America.”
-Col. Moammar Gadhafi
Feminism: Women’s suffrage and opportunity in the workforce enabled a larger percentage of the population to be educated and contribute to the economy.
Now: We have reached the point where our population is declining and our birth rate is sub replacement because it is considered unfashionable to want to be a mother, or not put off motherhood until you’re almost 40 and well established in a career and oh, totally barren also.
Civil Rights: People should be given equal opportunity regardless of ethnicity.
Now: Brown people are better than white people in all regards and if you don’t agree louder than the next person you are literally Hitler.
Welfare: Charity can be helpful to aid people to get back on their feet.
Now: We will create a permanent underclass dependent on handouts, incentivize poor people to have more babies than they can afford or often stably raise, and continually offer more of other people’s money to them in order to buy their votes.
These ideas have led to the complete dissolution of American identity (wide open borders and some 150 million immigrants over the last 50 years), a native population unable to replace itself, and a 20 trillion dollar debt largely based on buying people’s votes with their own money.
All these seemingly reasonable ideas have become toxically corrupted. Entryism was gained with ideas that were just ‘the right thing to do’ and quickly used as a wedge to pry open the doors to complete and utter chaos. Sort of like we see with every new progressive idea put forth. How can you oppose X? What are you, some kind of hateful bigot? I mean, this is the current year!
Is that inherent to liberalism though? Was it inevitable from the start? Is it like Communism? Have we simply not achieved ‘true’ Progressivism? Why do all these go from healthy, balanced policy to malignant excess so quickly?
Because when they are done to be moral, rather than practical, people get quickly trapped in a spiralling signal where they need to be more moral than the next person. Therefore, we can’t just have some immigration, we have to have ALL the immigration. Women can’t just have equal rights, they need MORE rights. We can’t just have equality of opportunity, we need affirmative action. And when these are achieved, simply wanting them will make you racist and horrible because those pure of spirit and ideology have moved onto the next one.
We are at a point where a politician waves a rainbow flag around on stage, hires mostly gay people to run his private hotels, and is in favor of gay marriage, all things of which would have won him the mayor of San Francisco 20 years ago, and now you have gay people on the street calling for his death and banning his supporters from their parade because the purity spiral has moved onward. It cannot stop, and will not, until the signalling spiral either collapses in itself, or is turned back by outside forces. There is no endpoint to be achieved, just ever moving goalposts.
So, how did all of this happen? One day we woke up and decided the basic method of life that had built our society and was the foundation of reality was simply no good and we should all of a sudden just do the exact opposite?
Did all this insane shit just spontaneously occur by itself and magically become the new normal? People just decided one day they were going to wake up and really, really care that men in dresses can use bathrooms? That everything white and male was inherently evil? How did society get turned on its head in such a short time period? It would almost have to be intentional…
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Of course, it’s just coincidental all these things happened anyways and it had nothing to do with Communism right? How could Communists have ever accomplished this?
Ever hear of the Frankfurt School?
They began as a Communist think tank at the Goethe University Frankfurt. They noted that the masses didn’t rise up during the First World War to overthrow capitalism; instead, the citizens fought for their countries. Only Russia became Communist, a place they didn’t expect Communism to take hold. Since they took the writings of Marx as gospel, all this was quite shocking. They decided they needed to prepare the way by breaking down traditional social ties—country, family, and religion—and afterwards the masses would embrace rule by a global Communist state. That’s not working out too well lately, but all that’s another story.
They found themselves unwelcome in Germany during the 1930s, and one of the two reasons was that all of them were Communists. They moved to the USA, settling down in Columbia University. How did they repay the country that gave them refuge? By subverting it, of course. If all this sounds like McCarthyist alarmism, note that the Communists themselvesclaim them.
Because the proletariat just wasn’t interested in revolution, they rebranded Communism, taking out the elements of class struggle, and adding contributions from Freudian theory.
This is a real thing by the way, not just crackpot theory.
They had two strategies: ensconcing themselves into academia, and the criticism of society (hence “critical theory”). Ultimately, this meant ideological subversion and basically badgering society to death. (It seems incredible that they did so much without picking up a single rifle.) They stressed moral relativism and the “question everything” atmosphere that became the 1960s counterculture zeitgeist. A few of their books, such as Eros and Civilizationby Herbert Marcuse and The Authoritarian Personality by Theodor Adorno, have become classics in academia.
Many of their students graduated and became professors elsewhere, just in time for the 1960s. Young people are at the most impressionable time of their lives, so indoctrinating college students was a very effective strategy. It’s little wonder that campuses became hotbeds of student activism! College draft deferments surely helped them reach more students sympathetic to their message.
Of course, these people worked closely with the KGB
It’s a great brainwashing process, which goes very slow[ly] and is divided [into] four basic stages. The first one [is] demoralization; it takes from 15-20 years to demoralize a nation. Why that many years? Because this is the minimum number of years which [is required] to educate one generation of students in the country of your enemy, exposed to the ideology of the enemy. In other words, Marxist-Leninist ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least three generations of American students, without being challenged, or counter-balanced by the basic values of Americanism (American patriotism).
The result? The result you can see. Most of the people who graduated in the sixties (drop-outs or half-baked intellectuals) are now occupying the positions of power in the government, civil service, business, mass media, [and the] educational system. You are stuck with them. You cannot get rid of them. They are contaminated; they are programmed to think and react to certain stimuli in a certain pattern. You cannot change their mind[s], even if you expose them to authentic information, even if you prove that white is white and black is black, you still cannot change the basic perception and the logic of behavior. In other words, these people… the process of demoralization is complete and irreversible. To [rid] society of these people, you need another twenty or fifteen years to educate a new generation of patriotically-minded and common sense people, who would be acting in favor and in the interests of United States society.
When ideas enter a people that do nothing but tear down and damage those people, you have to wonder where it came from. People occasionally make mistakes or bad policy, but when they attack themselves with extreme focus and intensity over and over you’d have to choice but to conclude they were mentally ill, not acting in their proper mental capacity. But when society does it it’s hailed as “progress”. We will collapse as a people, but at least we’ll be “on the right side of history”.